Service Plans FAQ
We want to make owning a Ford as easy and convenient as possible – which is why we offer you ways to budget for the cost of servicing your vehicle.
- Q: Which elements are included in a Ford Protect Service Plan?
A: A Ford Protect Service Plan is a stand-alone service contract, including of a pre-defined number of scheduled maintenances in a predefined time frame. The coverage of a Ford Protect Service Plan can be determined by the description of the plan (e.g. 3 Years, 3 services).
The coverage of each single service is determined by the content of the national service check sheets. Included are all spare parts necessary to perform a service according to the service check-sheets. Roadside assistance is also included, as well as convenience checks, where necessary.
- Q: Is my car eligible for a Ford Protect Service Plan?
Please use the ‘Search by registration’ feature to check whether your vehicle is eligible.
You can buy a Ford Protect Service Plan only until your vehicle’s first service is due, or 12 months, whichever is sooner.
- Q: What is specifically NOT covered within a Ford Protect Service Plan?
A: Top-up of fluids between services (consumables), wear and- tear items, MOT charges, additional checks and any adjustments not specified in the Ford Service Schedule are NOT covered.
- Q: Is it possible to extend an existing Ford Protect Service Plan?
A: No, at present this is not possible.
- Q: Can I cancel my Ford Protect Service Plan contract?
A: Yes. The Ford Protect Service Plan can be terminated at any time after the purchase. If you cancel within 30 days, you receive a full refund. If you cancel after 30 days, the refund will be pro-rated and a £25 cancellation fee will be charged.
- Q: What if I use the maximum number of services way before the contract expiration date?
A: As soon as the pre-defined number of services is used, you have no entitlement for any additional service. Breakdown recovery will continue.
- Q: Is it possible to have any services refunded after my Ford Protect Service Plan has expired if I haven’t used all Services?
A: No, this is not possible.
- Q: What happens if I miss a required service by more than 1,000 miles / 1 Month?
A: If you fail to have a service within 1,000 miles or 1 month of the Service due date, you are still entitled to have the service performed, as long as the overall contract has not expired.
- Q: What happens if I miss a required service completely?
A: You are still entitled to have the service performed until the expiry date of the contract. However, you are not entitled to have a further service as a replacement (e.g. to have the 4th Service instead of the 2nd due Service).
- Q: What happens if I use my vehicle for racing or make modifications to my vehicle (e.g. performance kits)?
A: The services due are not affected by racing or rallying or the installation of performance modifications.
- Q: Can my Ford Protect Service Plan be transferred to a new owner on sale of the vehicle?
A: The Ford Protect Service Plan always stays with the vehicle, unless it is cancelled by the first owner. Therefore, it is automatically transferred to the new owner.
View Service Plans