Terms and Conditions
- GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1 This website (http://shop.ford.co.uk/) (the “Ford Online Shop”) is operated by Ford Motor Company Limited, whose registered office is at Eagle Way, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3BW (referred to as “Ford”, “we”, “us” and “our” in these Terms & Conditions). By using this Ford Online Shop you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
1.2 The Ford Online Shop displays a range of products that can be purchased from us online (“Products”). These Products are divided into the following main categories:
- Ford Performance Parts (for selected Ford Performance Parts, you can also purchase vouchers from us for their fitment. See section 2.6 below for more information).
- Ford Accessories (for selected Ford Accessories, you can also purchase vouchers from us for their fitment. See section 2.6 below for more information).
- Ford Protect New Vehicle Service Plans:
- Ford Protect Service Plan
- Ford Protect Service Plan Plus
For more information about the Ford Protect New Service Plans, please see section 2.7 below.
1.3 QBE Extended Warranties: The Ford Online Shop may also provide information about certain QBE Extended Warranties, which are sold by QBE UK Limited (registered in England with company number 1761561) Registered office: Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3BD.
QBE UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, registration number 202842. Ford Motor Company Limited (registration number 235446), trading as Ford Protect, is an Appointed Representative of QBE Insurance UK Limited.
1.4 Please see section 11 below for our contact details and complaints handling policy.
- THE PRODUCTS
2.1 IMAGERY: The images of the Products and the size and dimension icons and indicators on the Ford Online Shop website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the sizes and colours of our Products accurately, we cannot guarantee that your PC, laptop, tablet or phone will display the sizes or colours accurately to reflect the actual size or colour of the Product. Your Product may vary slightly from those images.
2.2 PACKAGING: Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on the Ford Online Shop website.
2.3 AVAILABILITY: All Products shown on the Ford Online Shop website are subject to availability.
2.4 FORD ACCESSORIES: Via the Ford Online Shop, you can purchase from us both original Ford accessories as well as a range of carefully selected products from third party brands, which are identified under that third party's brand name. Please note that third party branded accessories do not come with a Ford warranty but may be covered by the third party’s own warranty, details of which will be included within the packaging that the accessories are supplied in.
2.5 FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS: Please note that certain Performance Parts are for track use only and must not be used on public roads. Please see the relevant product page(s) on the Ford Online Shop website for more information.
2.6 FITMENT VOUCHERS: for selected parts and accessories, you can purchase vouchers from us for their fitment (“Fitment Vouchers”):
- Where fitment is available for a part/accessory, this will be shown as an option on the order page for the part/accessory together with the purchase price for the voucher;
- As part of the order check-out process (described in section 3 below), you will need to select a participating Ford Dealer who will carry out the fitment on our behalf (“Ford Dealer”);
- Following our confirmation of your order (as described in section 3 below), we will send you an email copy of the Fitment Voucher. The Fitment Voucher will include a voucher code number and will specify the Product(s) that it is valid for. You cannot use the Fitment Voucher in connection with any other parts or accessories;
- You will need to contact your selected Ford Dealer to arrange a suitable date and time for the fitment;
- Eligible Ford Vehicles: Please note that certain parts/accessories can only be installed on selected Ford vehicles/models. Before placing your order for a voucher, you should check the relevant product page(s) on the Ford Online Shop website to make sure your selected parts/accessories can be installed on your specific Ford vehicle.
- You cannot exchange Fitment Vouchers for cash. Fitment Vouchers are not transferable or assignable; and
- Fitment Vouchers will expire 24 months from the date of issue.
2.7 FORD PROTECT NEW VEHICLE SERVICE PLANS: For more information about the Plans, please see: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/service-repair/plans
In addition to these Ford Parts Website Terms & Conditions, the following Ford Protect Service Plan terms & conditions apply: https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/home/owners/service-maintenance/service-repair/service-maintenance-plans/service-plan-plus/Ford_TC_Servicing_Plan_Service_Plan_Plus_new.pdf
- HOW THE CONTRACT FOR SALE OF PRODUCTS IS FORMED
3.1 Your order is an offer to buy from us. When you are placing an order, the following steps have to take place before a contract for the sale of a Product ('Contract') is made between us in relation to your order:
- Ordering: After choosing the Product(s) you wish to purchase, you place your order for your Product by pressing the 'Pay Now' button at the end of the check-out process and submitting your payment details to us.
- Reviewing order: Before placing your order, the check-out process will give you the opportunity to review and, if necessary, to change your selection of Products and/or correct any errors in your order information. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- Accepting our terms: You will be asked to click to confirm that you accept our Terms & Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by what you read you should not place any orders through the Ford Online Shop.
- Acknowledgement of your order: Once you have submitted your order details, you will see an on-screen acknowledgement that your order has been placed. We will also send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in paragraph 3.1(v) below).
- Our acceptance of your order:
- FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS AND FORD ACCESSORIES: We will send you an email confirming our acceptance of your order ('Order Confirmation'), unless, prior to dispatch, we notify you that we do not accept your order (as set out further in section 3.2 below). The Contract between us for your ordered Ford Performance Parts/Ford Accessories will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
- FORD PROTECT NEW VEHICLE SERVICE PLANS: We will send you by email or by post a letter containing your Ford Protect Service Plan Certificate and a copy of the Ford Protect Service Plan terms & conditions (see section 2.7 for a link to these) (‘Order Confirmation’). The Contract between us for your ordered Service Plan(s) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
3.2. If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available via the Ford Online Shop, we will inform you of this and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible, by the same method in which the payment was originally made.
3.3 We may, from time to time, make minor changes to our Product specifications to implement small technical adjustments. We will not make any significant changes to your ordered Products unless we have told you about the changes, and have obtained your explicit agreement.
- PRICES AND PAYMENT
4.1 PRODUCT PRICES: The purchase price for each Product will be as quoted on the Ford Online Shop website (“Purchase Price”). Where applicable, you will be charged Value Added Tax (VAT).
4.2 DELIVERY CHARGES: The Purchase Price does not include delivery charges. The applicable delivery charges will be quoted separately on the Ford Online Shop website as part of the order check-out process.
4.3 PAYMENT: please note that on the Ford Online Shop website we only accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard). We do not accept payment via pre-paid cards or any other payment methods including but not limited to Apple Pay and/or PayPal. Any card payment that we take from you will be directed through our appointed third party payment provider’s payment portal and your card details will not be stored by us.
4.4 'BUY NOW' BUTTON: When you click the "Buy now" button, we are acknowledging the receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase a product will not be complete until we send you a confirmation for your order.
This section 5 applies to physical Products only
5.1 Please note that deliveries will be carried out on our behalf by one of our appointed logistic providers.
5.2 FOR FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS AND FORD ACCESSORIES WITHOUT FITMENT: We will deliver these Parts and Accessories to the address you provide to us as part of the order check out process. Delivery will be completed when you or a person you have identified has taken physical possession of these Parts and Accessories (“Completion of Delivery”). If no one is available at your address to take delivery, our logistics provider will leave a card that these Parts and Accessories have been returned to their delivery office, in which case, please contact them to rearrange delivery.
5.3 FOR FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS AND FORD ACCESSORIES WITH FITMENT: We will deliver these Parts and Accessories to the Ford Dealer that you selected as part of the order check out process. You agree that the Ford Dealer can accept delivery of these Parts and Accessories on your behalf. Delivery will be completed when the Ford Dealer has taken physical possession of these Parts and Accessories (“Completion of Delivery”).
5.4 DELAYS: We will provide you with an estimated lead time as part of the order check out process. If delivery is delayed by events outside of our control then we will notify you of this as soon as possible and take steps to minimise the delay. If there is a risk of substantial delay and we cannot provide you with an acceptable alternative, then you can contact us about cancelling your Contract (see our contact details in section 11 below).
5.5 RISK AND TITLE: The Products will be your responsibility from the Completion of Delivery. You will become the legal owner of the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- CANCELLATION – FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS AND FORD ACCESSORIES
6.1 Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your Contract within 14 calendar days without giving any reason.
(a) FOR FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS AND FORD ACCESSORIES WITHOUT FITMENT: The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days after the day on which you or a person you have identified takes physical possession of the goods. If you have ordered multiple goods, please also to sub-section (c) below.
(b) FOR FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS AND FORD ACCESSORIES WITH FITMENT: The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days after the day on which your selected Ford Dealer has taken physical possession of the goods on your behalf. If you have ordered multiple goods, please also to sub-section (c) below.
(c) MUTIPLE FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS AND FORD ACCESSORIES: In addition to sub-sections (a) and (b) above, if you have ordered multiple goods in a single order or the order is made of several lots or pieces, your legal right to cancel will not expire until 14 days after the day on which we complete the delivery of the last of those goods, lots or pieces.
6.2 To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (Ford Motor Company Limited) of your decision to cancel your Contract by a clear statement (e.g. an email or a letter sent by post), including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel, your phone number and email address. You may use the example cancellation form set out in Appendix 1 below but it is not obligatory.
6.3 To inform us of your decision to cancel, we can be contacted by email:or post: Ford Customer Service Division, Linnworks – Autonative, City Gates House, 2-4 Southgate, Chichester PO19 8DJ.
6.4 To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
6.5 You must take reasonable care of the goods and must not transfer ownership or possession of the goods to any third party until they are returned to us.
6.6 You must send back the goods to us without undue delay and in any event no later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from your Contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. Please follow our Returns Process as set out in section 8 below. We will bear the cost of returning the goods (as set out further in section 8 below).
6.7 We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of Unnecessary Handling by you. In this respect, ‘Unnecessary Handling’ means handling that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
6.8 You will lose your right to cancel once the part/accessory has been fitted to your vehicle.
6.9 If you cancel your Contract in accordance with this section 6, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
6.10 If you cancel your Contract in accordance with this section 6, we will make any reimbursements without undue delay and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied; or
- if earlier, 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods.
6.11 We will make your reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
6.12 We may withhold payment of any reimbursements due to you until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
6A CANCELLATION – FORD PROTECT NEW VEHICLE SERVICE PLANS
You may terminate your Ford Protect Service Plan for any reason at any time by writing to Ford Protect Customer Services at 1/672, Eagle Way, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3BW. You may use the example cancellation form set out in Appendix 1 below but it is not obligatory.
- If you terminate within 30 days of (i) the original date of registration of Your Vehicle or, if later, (ii) the date you receive your Ford Protect Service Plan/Ford Protect Service Plan Plus certificate, you shall be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price paid (providing no services have been completed) without charge.
- If you terminate after the 30-day period mentioned above, you shall be entitled to a pro rata refund of your purchase price, based on the number of whole months remaining, less the costs of any services completed and a cancellation fee of £25.
- PRODUCT FAULTS
7.1 We are under a legal duty to supply the Products that are in conformity with the Contract(s). Nothing in these Terms & Conditions will affect your legal rights.
7.2 In the event that you receive a defective or mis-described Product or a fault develops with your Product, then please contact us as soon as possible (as a delay in doing so might affect any remedy available to you). We will discuss your rights and remedies with you. Please see our contact details in section 11 below.
7.3 If you feel that any Products you have ordered from us are unsatisfactory or you are unhappy with any aspect of the service we provide to you, please contact us as soon as possible (as a delay in doing so might affect any remedy available to you). We will discuss your rights and remedies with you. Please see our contact details in section 11 below.
7.4 For Ford original parts and accessories, please see https://shop.ford.co.uk/pages/warranty-information.
7.5 Third party branded parts and accessories do not come with a Ford warranty but may be covered by the third party’s own warranty, the details of which will be included within the packaging that the accessories are supplied in.
- RETURNS PROCESS
This section 8 applies to physical Products only
8.1 If you would like to return a Product, please first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discuss your rights and remedies with you.
8.2 For returns, we will contact you to book collection of the Product(s) by our designated logistics provider, from a location in area ‘A’ or ‘B’ on the below map. Products must be returned complete and, where possible, with all original packaging. If you choose not to follow our return instructions, you may be responsible for any loss or damage to the Product. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about how to return a Product.
- ACCOUNT & PASSWORD
You agree that you will only access the Ford Online Shop for the purposes set out in these Terms & Conditions. You may only use the Ford Parts Website for lawful purposes and in accordance with Ford’ Website Terms & Conditions https://www.ford.co.uk/useful-information/terms-and-conditions
Where you create an online account, you will be asked to provide a user name and password. This will allow you to access your placed order and update or change your personal details. You must keep the password secure and must not share it with any other person. We are not responsible for any misuse of your online account where you have caused your username and password to be known by another person.
You must tell us as soon as possible if you think your password has been shared or your online account has been accessed without your authority. We may disable your account immediately if we know of or suspect any misuse.
- CONTACT US & COMPLAINTS HANDLING
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Ford Online Shop or any Products ordered or received, you may contact us as follows:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Address: Ford Customer Service Division, Linnworks – Autonative, City Gates House, 2-4 Southgate, Chichester PO19 8DJ
Complaints Handling Policy
What happens next?
- We’ll acknowledge that we have received your complaint and that we are looking into your complaint. We’ll let you know when you can expect a response
- We will then conduct an investigation of your concerns as soon as possible (we may contact you for further details)
- We will then provide a final response, providing an explanation of what we have found, what we plan to do as a result and why we made the decision. This will normally be in writing via email or letter
We will keep you updated but at any time if you feel there’s additional information that will help us resolve your complaint, you can contact us by phone or email at any time.
What if you’re not happy with the outcome of the complaint?
If a dispute arises that cannot be resolved between us within a reasonable timescale, you may refer the dispute to the free independent Advisory and Conciliation Service operated by The Motor Ombudsman, the government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry. Ford Motor Company Limited is willing to engage with this type of dispute resolution. For details of this service you can call the dedicated Code Advisory and Conciliation Service Consumer Advice Line on 0345 241 3008, submit an enquiry or complaint via the website www.themotorombudsman.org or write to The Motor Ombudsman, 71 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BN.
12.1 We may at any time, without limiting any other rights and remedies it may have, set off any amount owing to you against any amount payable by you to us.
12.2 The headings in these Terms & Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
12.3 No waiver by either party of any breach of these Terms & Conditions shall be considered as a waiver for any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
12.4 If any provision or part of any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found by a court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, such provision or part of a provision shall be deleted from these Terms & Conditions and the remaining provisions or parts or the provision shall continue to full force and effect.
12.5 These Terms & Conditions are governed by English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12.6 A person who is not party to these Terms & Conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Example Cancellation Form
(Complete and return this form only if you wish to cancel your order. Please refer to Section 6 of the Terms and Conditions above which provides more information on whether this cancellation right applies to you.)
To: email@example.com / Ford Customer Service Division, Linnworks – Autonative, City Gates House, 2-4 Southgate, Chichester PO19 8DJ
I hereby give notice that I cancel the following order that I placed on http://shop.ford.co.uk/.
Order Number: [insert order number]
Ordered on: [insert date on which you made the purchase]
Name of Customer: [insert name]
Address of Customer: [insert address]
Phone number of Customer: [insert phone number]
Email address of Customer: [insert email address]
Signature of Customer (only if this form is notified on paper):