Cancellation Rights (Distance Sales)
1. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your Contract within 14 calendar days without giving any reason.
(a) For Ford Performance Parts and Ford Accessories: the cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days after the day on which you or a person you have identified takes physical possession of the goods. However, if you have ordered:
- multiple goods in a single order or the order is made of several lots or pieces, your legal right to cancel will not expire until 14 days after the day on which we complete the delivery of the last of those goods, lots or pieces; or
- a regular delivery of goods over a defined period, your legal right to cancel will expire 14 days after the day on which we complete the delivery of the first of those Products.
(b) For Ford Service Plans and Installation Vouchers: the cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days after the day on which you received your Order Confirmation.
2. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (Ford Motor Company Limited) of your decision to cancel your Contract by a clear statement (e.g. an email or a letter sent by post), including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel, your phone number and email address. You may use the model cancellation form set out in Appendix 1 below but it is not obligatory.
3. To inform us of your decision to cancel, we can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post: Ford Customer Service Division, Linnworks – Autonative, City Gates House, 2-4 Southgate, Chichester PO19 8DJ.
4. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
5. If you cancel your Contract in accordance with this section, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
6. If you cancel your Contract in accordance with this section, we will make any reimbursements without undue delay and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied; or
- if earlier, 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel your Contract.
7. We will make your reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
8. For Ford Performance Parts and Ford Accessories, in addition to paragraphs 1 – 7 above:
(a) You must take reasonable care of the goods and must not transfer ownership or possession of the goods to any third party until they are returned to us.
(b) You must send back the goods to us without undue delay and in any event no later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from your Contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. Please follow our Returns Process as set out below. We will bear the cost of returning the goods (as set out further below).
(c) We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of Unnecessary Handling by you. In this respect, ‘Unnecessary Handling’ means handling that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
(d) We may withhold payment of any reimbursements due to you until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
9. For Ford Service Plans and Installation Vouchers, in addition to paragraphs 1 – 7 above, if you asked us to provide a service during the cancellation period, we may deduct from your reimbursement an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of your Contract.